Three Crowned Kings: Chola, Chera and Pandya
Q. Which of the following statements is/are correct about Chola?
1. The dynasty is part of the “Three Crowned Kings”.
2. Raja Raja Chola built the Brihadeeswarar Temple in Thanjavur.- Published on 11 Jan 16
a. Only 1
b. Only 2
- The Three Crowned Kings or the Three Glorified by Heaven refers to the triumvirate of Chola, Chera and Pandya who dominated the politics of the ancient Tamil country.
- Raja Raja Chola also launched several naval campaigns that resulted in the capture of the Malabar Coast as well as the Maldives and Sri Lanka.
- Raja Raja Chola was succeeded by his son Rajendra Chola.