China on 22nd
Nov 2016 successfully launched the Tianlian I-04 satellite from Niching Satellite Launch Centre
in Sichuan province of Southwest China. Data satellite was launched on the Long March 3C carrier rocket.
The launch of Tianlian I-04 marks the 241st
mission of the China Long March series of rockets.
This satellite was developed by China Academy of Space Technology/CAST under the China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation.
It will join its three predecessors to attain global network operation
It is based on the DFH-3 or Dongfangghon-3 platform, a medium capacity telecommunications satellite designed and developed by CAST.
The network aims at data relay, measurement and control services for China’s manned spacecraft , space and lab stations .
It will offer data relay services for China’s medium and low earth orbiting resources satellites
It will also provide measurement and control support for spacecraft launchesKnow All About Tianlian I satellites
- Tianlian-I-01 was launched in April 2008- it is currently positioned at 77 degree E
- Second satellite Tianlian I-02 was launched in July 2011
- With the launch of Tianlian I-03 in July 2012, the country managed full global coverage for tracking and data relay system
- These satellites provide real time communication between ground and spacecraft
- China’s first experimental satellite was launched in 1984
- It has sent more than 100 spacecrafts in recent decades. This includes 20 BeiDou navigation satellites
- China has also launched its first lunar probe Chang’e-1