Toll-free Helpline 14444 to promote cashless transactions
Q. After a TV channel and website, what other initiative has been launched to promote cashless payments?- Published on 12 Dec 16
a. Toll free Helpline
b. Nationwide SMS service
c. Both of the above
d. Neither of the above
ANSWER: Toll free Helpline
Following a TV channel and a website to promote digital payments, national toll-free helpline number 14444 will soon be launched to provide support for cashless mode of transactions.
Service will be operational within a week. NASSCOM will be aiding the project.
Single nationwide helpline which has been assigned to DoT will now be set up.Initiatives for Digital Payments
- MeiTY launched free to air Channel DigiShala on Doordarshan’s DTH platform.
- Cashless India website will educate people about digital transactions.
- Digi Dhan Abhiyan has also been launched.
- This is in line with Digital India initiatives.
- Abbreviation: NASSCOM
- Formation: 1 March 1988
- Type: NPO
- Purpose: Trade association
- Headquarters: International Youth Centre, Teen Murti Marg, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi, Delhi, India
- President: R. Chandrashekhar
- Chairman: CP Gurnani
- Vice Chairman: Raman Roy