Union Government has awarded INR 60.9 crore as prize money to 3.81 lakh consumers and 21,000 merchants under Lucky Grahak Yojana and Digi-Dhan Vyapar Yojana.
Winners include mostly 21-30 year old housewives, small farmers, labourers and anganwadi workers.
Maharashtra, TN, AP, UP and Karnataka are the top 5 states with maximum winners.
Both these schemes were announced in Dec 2016 to boost digital payments post demonetisation.
Aimed at incentivising the consumers and merchants to promote digital payments, they will remain open till April, 2017.Lucky Grahak Yojana & Digi Dhan Vyapar Yojana: Know More
- NITI Aayog announces the launch of the schemes Lucky Grahak Yojana and the Digi-धन Vyapar Yojana.
- The plans aim to give cash awards to consumers and merchants who utilize digital payment instruments.
- The plan is for personal consumption expenditures.
- The scheme specially focuses on bringing the poor, lower middle class and small businesses into the digital payment fold.
- National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI)is the implementing agency for this scheme.
- The primary aim of these schemes is to incentivize digital transactions.
- It seeks to ensure electronic payments are adopted by all sections of the society, especially the poor and the middle class.
- The schemes will comprise of two major components, one for the Consumers and the other for the Merchants.
- They will remain open till April 14, 2017.