Union Minister for Water Resources launches Smart Ganga City Scheme
Q. Smart Ganga City Scheme has been launched in ten important cities. These include:- Published on 16 Aug 16
d. All 3 of the above
ANSWER: All 3 of the above
Union Minister for Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Sushri Uma Bharati and Union Urban Development Minister Shri M. Venkaih Naidu launched the Smart Ganga City scheme through video conference.
- The scheme was launched in 10 important cities through video conference namely:
- Haridwar, Rishikesh, Mathura-Vrindavan, Varanasi, Kanpur, Allahabad, Lucknow, Patna, Barrackpore and Sahibgunj.
- National Mission for Clean Ganga has chosen these cities in the first phase of infrastructure development for sewage treatment
- This will be on hybrid annuity mode based on the PPP model.
- Though only 10 cities have been initially taken up, more will be added.