Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
Q. The Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare observed Vasectomy Fortnight to raise awareness about what factors?- Published on 22 Nov 17
a. Male sterilization and to promote the participation of men in family planning
b. Male sterilization
c. Female sterilization and to promote the participation of female in family planning
d. Female sterilization
ANSWER: Male sterilization and to promote the participation of men in family planning
Under this awareness campaign, all states and union territories observed Vasectomy Fortnight by providing quality of male sterilisation services at public health facilitiesUMHFW: Know More
- The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare is an Indian government ministry charged with health policy in India.
- It is also responsible for all government programs relating to family planning in India.
- The Minister of Health and Family Welfare holds cabinet rank as a member of the Council of Ministers.
- The current minister is Shri. Jagat Prakash Nadda.
- The Ministry regularly publishes the Indian Pharmacopoeia since 1955 through Indian Pharmacopoeia Commission (IPC) an autonomous body under the ministry for setting standards for drugs, pharmaceuticals and healthcare devices and technologies in India.