The Vice-President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu launched the New Delhi Edition of Marathi daily 'Lokmat' at a function on Dec 14, 2017.
Vice President indicated the media has great power to influence the people and the Fourth Estate should use this freedom of expression to spread harmony and contribute to the nation's development.
Shri Venkaiah Naidu said the media should exercise the freedom of expression with responsibility.
Shri Venkaiah Naidu recalled the history of the Lokmat newspaper, which is entering into its centennial year this day, and its contribution to India's freedom struggle.Lokmat: Know More
- "Lokmat" is a Marathi language newspaper published from Mumbai, and several other cities in Maharashtra state.
- Founded in 1971 by Jawaharlal Darda, it is the largest selling daily. with 1.3 million copies a day.
- Circulation: 1.3 million Daily (as of Jul - Dec 2015)
- Editor-in-chief: Vijay J. Darda
- Founder: Rajendra Darda
- Founded: December 15, 1971
- Format: Broadsheet