Water Jet Fast Attack Craft TIHAYU handed over to Indian Navy
Q. A water Jet Fast Attack WJFAC was handed over to the Indian Navy on 30th August 2016. It’s name is _________- Published on 06 Sep 16
d. None of the above
The craft was build by Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Limited.
- It was handed over to the Indian navy on 30th August 2016 by CMD GRSE AK Verma to the CO of the ship, Cdr. A. Kashov.
- GRSE had earlier built and delivered ten (10) WJFACs to the Indian Navy during 2009 to 2011, which are proving well in service.
- This warship measuring 48 X 7.5 M with a displacement of around 315 Tons, has an endurance of around 2000 nautical miles at 12-14 knots speed.
- It also has modern habitability conditions with accommodation for 29 personnel.
- It is named after an island in the Andaman
- The craft is fitted with 3 water jet propulsion systems powered by marine diesel engines generating 2720 KW of power.
- It is also fitted with CRN-91 indigenous 30mm Gun, to provide Artillery fire support during attack missions.