What are proper designations of executive of UTs?
Q. Which pair is correctly matched?
- Published on 10 Mar 17
|2)||Andaman & Nicobar||Administrator|
b. 1, 3, 4
c. 1, 4
d. All of the above
ANSWER: 1, 4
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands has Lt. Governor as executive.
- They come under Calcutta High Court.
- Chandigarh has an administrator.
- The Governor of Punjab is concurrently the Administrator of Chandigarh.
- It comes under Punjab and Haryana High Court.
- Daman and Diu; and Dadra and Nagar Haveli have administrators.
- The Administrator of Dadra and Nagar Haveli is concurrently the Administrator of Daman and Diu.
- Daman and Diu; and Dadra and Nagar Haveli come under jurisdiction of Bombay High Court.
- Lakshadweep has a separate Administrator.
- It comes under Kerala High Court.
- Delhi and Puducherry have Legislative Assemblies.
- Hence, they have Lt. Governor, Chief Minister and Council of Ministers as executives.
- Delhi has its own High Court.
- Puducherry comes under Madras High Court.