What does SEZ India app do?
Q. Which of the following is/are true?
1) SEZ India is a mobile app that allows to track bill processing status.
2) SEZ India app will also help start business in SEZs in a quick manner.- Published on 16 Jan 17
a. Only 1
b. Only 2
c. Both 1 and 2
d. Neither 1 nor 2
ANSWER: Only 1
- A Mobile app named “SEZ India” has been launched
- The App would help the SEZ Units and Developers to find information easily and track their transactions on SEZ Online System.
- Now the SEZ Developers & Units can file all their transactions digitally through SEZ Online system and track the status on the go through the SEZ India mobile app.
- The app is available on Android Platform for use by SEZ Developers, Units, officials and others.
- The app has four sections i.e. SEZ Information, SEZ Online Transaction, Trade Information, and Contact details.
- SEZ INFORMATION - This is a compendium of the SEZ Act, 2005, SEZ Rules, 2006, MOCI Circulars, details of SEZs and Units etc.
- It gives up to date comprehensive details on all the above aspects.
- TRADE INFORMATION - This provision gives access to important information / tools such as Foreign Trade Policy, Hand Book of procedure, Duty Calculator, Customs & Excise Notification and MEIS Rates.
- CONTACT DETAILS - We see that the contact details of all Development Commissioners Office, DGFT, DG System, DGCI & S and SEZ online.
- SEZ online Transaction - This is a dynamic submenu that tracks the Bill of Entry / Shipping Bill processing status and also does verification.
- The app also helps the Importers / Exporters to track the status of 'Bill of Entry / Shipping Bill” integration and processing in the EDI system of the ICEGATE.