The Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority
(PFRDA) is a pension regulator which was established by Government of India on August 23, 2003. PFRDA is authorized by Ministry of Finance, Department of Financial Services.
PFRDA promotes old age income security by establishing, developing and regulating pension funds and protects the interests of subscribers to schemes of pension funds and related matters.
PFRDA is responsible for appointment of various intermediate agencies such as Central Record Keeping Agency (CRA), Pension Fund Managers, Custodian, NPS Trustee Bank, etc.
The Authority consists of a Chairperson and not more than five members, of whom at least three shall be whole-time members, to be appointed by the Central Government.Current membersHemant Contractor, Chairman
- Shri R. V. Verma, Whole-Time Member (Finance)
- Dr. B.S .Bhandari, Whole-Time Member (Economics)
- Dr. Shashank Saksensa, Part-Time Member
- Ms. Annie George Mathew, Par-Time Member
- Ms. Vandana Sharma, Part-Time Member