Where is International Vaccine Institute?
Q. International Vaccine Institute is in- Published on 19 Jan 17
a. South Korea
ANSWER: South Korea
- The Union Cabinet has given its approval to the proposal for India’s taking full membership of the International Vaccine Institute (IVI) Governing Council.
- The move involves payment of annual contribution of US $ 5,00,000 to the International Vaccine Institute (IVI), Seoul, South Korea.
- International Vaccine Institute (IVI) was established in 1997.
- It was established on the initiatives of the UNDP.
- It is an international organization devoted to developing and introducing new and improved vaccines to protect the people, especially children, against deadly infectious diseases.
- In the year 2007, with the approval of Cabinet, India joined IVI.
- India is a long-term collaborator and stake-holder of IVI.
- In December, 2012 the Board of Trustees (BOT) of IVI approved the formation of its new governance structure.
- As per the new governance structure of IVI, a member State has to contribute to the IVI by paying a portion of its core budget.
- Since India is classified in Group-I, it had to pay an annual contribution of US $ 50,000.