Which are various Central Services of India?
Q. Which of the following are Central Services?
1) Indian Foreign Service.
2) Indian Revenue Service.
3) Indian Postal Service.- Published on 16 Mar 17
a. 1, 2
b. 1, 3
c. 2, 3
d. All of the above
ANSWER: All of the above
- The personnel of Central Services work under the exclusive jurisdiction of the Central Government.
- They holds pecialized (functional and technical) positions in various departments of the Central Government.
- At present, there are 58 group A Central Services.
Some of them are -
1. Central Engineering Service.
2. Central Health Service.
3. Central Information Service.
4. Central Legal Service.
5. Central Secretariat Service.
6. Indian Audit and Accounts Service.
7. Indian Defence Accounts Service.
8. Indian Economic Service.
9. Indian Foreign Service.
10. Indian Meteorological Service.
11. Indian Postal Service.
12. Indian Revenue Service (Customs, Excise and Income Tax).
13. Indian Statistical Service.
14. Overseas Communication Service.
15. Railway Personnel Service.
- Among all, the Indian Foreign Service (IFS) is the highest central service in terms of prestige, status, pay and emoluments.
- In fact, it (though a Central Service) competes with the All-India Services in position, status and pay scales.
- It comes next to the IAS in ranking and its pay scale is higher than the IPS.