Who is financing the ‘Nagaland health project’?
Q. Who is financing the ‘Nagaland health project’?- Published on 17 Jan 17
b. BRICS Bank (New Development Bank)
- A financing agreement for International Development Agency (IDA) credit of US$ 48 million (equivalent) for the ‘Nagaland Health Project’ was signed with the World Bank.
- The Financing Agreement was signed by Department of Economic Affairs on behalf of Government of India and World Bank (India) on behalf of the World Bank.
- A Project Agreement was also signed by Directorate of Health & Family Welfare, Government of Nagaland and World Bank.
- The Objectives of the project are to improve health services and increase their utilization by communities in targeted locations in Nagaland.
- Communities in targeted locations will benefit from project activities at the community and health facility levels while the population of the state as a whole will benefit from improvements in higher-level facilities as well as system-wide investments.
- The project will directly benefit about 600,000 people.
- It will support and complement existing systems and mechanisms involving communities under the National Health Mission.
- The closing date of Nagaland health Project is 31st March, 2023.