Who takes oath of secrecy?
Q. Whose oaths include the statement ‘I will bear true faith and allegiance to the Constitution of India’?
2) Union Ministers.
4) Judges of Supreme Court.- Published on 28 Feb 17
b. 1, 3
c. 1, 2, 4
d. All of the above
ANSWER: 1, 2, 4
- The oath of the President includes ‘I will faithfully execute the office of President (or Discharge the functions of the President) of India and will to the best of my ability preserve, protect and defend the Constitution and the law and that I will devote myself to the service and well-being of the people of India.’
- All others have the format as ‘I will bear true faith and allegiance to the Constitution of India’.
- Oath of Office and Oath of Secrecy is for Union Ministers (which includes the Prime Minister) and the state ministers (including Chief Ministers).
- Rest all have to take only the oath of office.