World Biofuel Day observed on 10th August 2016
Q. World BioFuel Day was observed across the world on which date?- Published on 16 Aug 16
a. 10th August
b. 11th August
c. 12th August
d. 13th August
ANSWER: 10th August
World Biofuel day was observed across the world on 10th August 2016. This date is observed each year to create awareness about non fossil fuels (green fuels).
- On 10th August 1893, Sir Rudolph Diesel successfully ran a mechanical engine with peanut oil.
- Diesel was also the inventor of the diesel engine
- His research predicted that vegetable oil would eventually replace fossil fuels to fuel different mechanical engines.
- On this day in 2016, Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Petroleum and Natural Gas Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurated a national level conference in capital city Delhi
- The ministry estimated that biofuel industry would grow from the current INR 6500 crore to INR 1 lakh crore rupees in the coming decade.