World Humanitarian Day observed on 19th August 2016
Q. World Humanitarian Day was observed on 19th August 2016 with which theme?- Published on 22 Aug 16
a. We the Humanity
b. One Humanity
c. Global Humanity
d. International Humanity
ANSWER: One Humanity
World Humanitarian Day was observed on 19th August 2016 with the theme One Humanity.
- Theme explains how shared human experiences bind us across divides and create a common sense of responsibility to demand action for the most vulnerable and those at risk of being left behind.
- Digital campaign for World Humanitarian Day last year was The World You’d Rather.
- Day is dedicated to humanitarian personnel and those losing their lives working for humanitarian causes
- It also celebrated the spirit that inspires humanitarian work around the globe.
- World Humanitarian Day was designed by the UNGA as part of a Swedish sponsored resolution on Strengthening of the Coordination of Emergency Assistance of the United Nations.
- Day was designed by the General Assembly to coincide with the anniversary of the bombing of UN headquarters in Baghdad, Iraq.
- Then Special representative Sergio Viera de Mello and 21 of his colleagues were killed in the attack.