World’s deepest underwater cave discovered!
Q. Which country is home to the world’s deepest underwater cave at 404m?- Published on 03 Oct 16
Polish explorer Krzysztof Starnawksi has made the discovery. The world’s deepest under water cave, 404 m or 1325 feet down, is located near the easternCzech town of Hranice.
- The explorer found the cave in the Hranice Abyss, which he had been exploring since 1998
- He scuba dived to the narrow slot at 200m depth
- A specially made underwater robot then went to the depth of 404m
- Hranice Abyss which divers have explored for years now was 12m deeper than record holder Pozzo del Merro, a flooded sinkhole in Italy
- Czech Speleological Society believed that the cave was deeper than 404m
- Mud and the water temperature of 15 degree C or 59 degree F made diving in the cave tough
- The water’s mineral composition damaged equipment and exposed skin
- The limestone abyss beats the previous record holder