World’s first video sunglasses
Q. Snapchat has released a special type of sunglasses on 30th Sept. What are these?- Published on 03 Oct 16
a. Cam sunglasses
b. Camera sunglasses
c. Video sunglasses
d. Both b and c
e. All the above
ANSWER: Both b and c
Snapchat announced a new pair of camera sunglasses called “Spectacles” which have a small camera at the edge of the frame
- The company also announced that it is changing its name to Snap Inc
- This is how the spectacles work: You tap the rim of the frame, and a flashing ring singles the camera begins recording
- One tap gets you 10 seconds of video while three taps gets the maximum i.e 30 seconds
- Once the video is taken, it is stored on a device that can be shared via Snapchat
- Snapchat is renaming its corporate self to Snap Inc, and launching its $130 Spectacles this fall in limited release.
- They’re one-size-fits all in black, teal, or coral colours. s, with a light on the front alerting people you’re recording.
- The video is captured with an 115-degree wide view lens in a circular format that can be watched full-screen on a smartphone in any orientation
- The video is stored on the device and can be wirelessly offloaded to a phone over Wifi or Bluetooth so users can edit and share via Snapchat later.