World’s longest and tallest glass bridge is reopened!
Q. Where is the world’s longest and highest glass bridge located?- Published on 03 Oct 16
d. None of the above
The world's longest and highest glass bridge in China's Hunan province has been reopened for public after clearing a security inspection, officials said on Oct 2nd.
- With a capacity to hold 10,000 people a day, the glass bridge saw a trial operation in late August this year, but was closed 12 days later due to "overwhelming demand".
- Glass bridge was not closed for safety reasons as rumours had suggested.
- It cleared security inspection and its construction was up to standard, the official statement said.
- According to some reports, some deficiencies of the soft and hard facilities seen during the trial period was the main reason behind its closure.
- The 430-meter-long structure is believed to be the world's longest and tallest glass pedestrian bridge offering a 360 degree view of the Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon.
- During its trial operation, the bridge held no more than 800 people at a time. Each day, 8,000 visitors had the opportunity to walk on it.