- Maharashtra has emerged as the top ranking state in terms of the overall Internet readiness index, followed by Karnataka, Gujarat, Telengana and Tamil Nadu.
- The Internet readiness index is a composite index on components like e-infrastructure index, e-participation index, IT services and e-governance index.
- Among the Union Territories, Chandigarh is ranked at the top in terms of Internet readiness index, northeast is way behind.
- Among the smaller states, Delhi has emerged as the topmost state in terms of Internet readiness index, followed by Puducherry and Goa.
- The report, ‘Index of Internet Readiness of Indian States, was published by the Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) and Indicus Analytics.
- Internet readiness in this study is not limited to how industry-friendly each state is for investment in IT, but aims to give a more holistic picture of the digital ecosphere that presently exists in the states.