ANSWER: Both 1 and 2
- National Commission for Minority Educational Institutions was established in 2005.
- It ensures rights of minorities to establish and administer educational institutions of their choice as provided in the Article 30 of the Constitution of India.
- The linguistic minorities are outside the purview of the NCMEI Act.
- This Commission is a quasi-judicial body and has been endowed with the powers of a Civil Court.
- It is headed by a Chairman who has been a Judge of the Delhi High Court and two members to be nominated by Central Government.
- The Commission has 3 roles namely adjudicatory function, advisory function and recommendatory powers.