- INS Vikramaditya, the largest warship and latest aircraft carrier of the Indian Navy, has a strength of over 1500 personnel.
- A versatile national capability and a full-fledged township by herself, the ship has a new acquisition – an ATM machine installed on-board by the nation’s largest bank and banking network, the State Bank of India.
- The facilities offered by the State Bank of India to the ship include cash withdrawals, generation of mini-statements, access to bank balance details and change of PIN numbers.
- In the near future, the facility will be upgraded to a recycler machine with a cash deposit facility.
- Additionally, facilities like cash transfer, Card-to-Card transfer, Credit Card payment, mobile number registration and updating would also be available.
- The ATM machine is a unique floating banking system, and along with the Point of Sale machine that is also proposed to be installed on-board, would go a long way in supporting cashless transactions on the ship, in line with the government’s policy of digitising the India economy.
- It will enable personnel of the ship to manage their domestic financial requirements better and assist them in conducting their money transactions at their own convenience.