1) Which theme is Aadi Mahotsav being held with?
A Celebration of the Spirit of Tribal Culture, Cuisine and Commerce
A Celebration of the Spirit of Tribal Cuisine, Culture and Commerce
A Celebration of the Spirit of Tribal Commerce, Cuisine and Culture
A Celebration of the Spirit of Tribal Commerce, Culture and Cuisine
ANSWER: A Celebration of the Spirit of Tribal Culture, Cuisine and Commerce
The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu will inaugurate 'Aadi Mahotsav' - a fortnight long Tribal Festival with the theme of 'A Celebration of the Spirit of Tribal Culture, Cuisine and Commerce' on 16 Nov 2017 at Dilli Haat, INA, New Delhi.
Over 750 tribal artisans from over 25 States will be participating in the festival. Aadi Mahotsav is scheduled to be organized at four venues throughout Delhi.
The festival will run for a fortnight through 30th November 2017. The theme of the festival is: A Celebration of the Spirit of Tribal Culture, Cuisine and Commerce.
The festival will feature exhibition-cum-sale of tribal handicrafts, art, paintings, fabric, jewellery and much more through about 200 stalls.
Indian Tribes : Know More About Aadi Mahotsav
- The tribes constitute over 8% of the country's population. This is a very significant number. In real terms it corresponds to over 10 crore Indians.
- The national object of inclusive development (sabka vikas) includes the development of tribes as an important component.
- Our constitution enjoins upon the Government the responsibility of addressing the special needs of the tribals.
- As the name of this event Aadi Mahotsav suggests, it is the 'adi' factor that is important about them.
- The Adivasi way of life is guided by primal truths, eternal values and a natural simplicity. The greatness of the tribes lies in this that they have managed to retain the primal skills, the natural simplicity.
- Their creations issue from the depths of time. This quality gives their arts and crafts a timeless appeal. The crudest tribal handicraft instantly touches a primal instinct in all of us.
- This is particularly true of tribal music and dance.
- The Government has formed the Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (Trifed) for achieving this.
- Trifed is doing significant work in this direction and have now embraced e-commerce and digital platforms to take the business forward.
- TRIBES India proudly announces the signing of MOUs with Amazon, Snapdeal, Flipkart, PayTM and GEM, a Government of India Portal for e-commerce of the tribal products.
- Besides TRIBES India has also has its own e-com portal www.eshop.tribesindia.com.