What is CAML? Explain its usage.What is CAML?
- CAML stands for Collaborative Application Markup Language.
- It is an XML based language.
- It provides data constructs that used to build up the SharePoint fields and is also used for table definition.
Usage of CAML:
- CAML is used to build or customize SharePoint based sites and construct a CAML query in a WebPart to retrieve the values from a SharePoint List.
- It is an XML-based language which is used to build and customize websites.
- It provides a schema definition to the web site provisioning system about how the site looks and acts.
- It defines views and forms for data and page rendering or execution.
- It acts as a rendering language that performs functions in the DLL like pulling a value from a particular field.
- It provides batch functionality for posting multiple commands to the server using protocol.