Differentiate between Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 for Internet sites and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007.Difference between MOSS and MOSS for Internet sites:
1. Content, information, and applications are meant to be used by internal people/employees.
2. Needs License for MOSS and CAL (client access Licenses) for each client accessing it.
3. Used for Intranet Portals.
4. MOSS standard licenses for database and servers.
MOSS for Internet sites
1. Content, information, and applications are meant to be used by external people.
2. Does not need CAL. License only needed for MOSS for Internet Sites.
3. Used for extranet/Internet facing portals.
4. Acquire External Connector (EC) licenses for each copy of the Windows Server 2003, SQL Server software that will be accessed by your external users only.