Describe in brief about oracle database tuning.Oracle includes many performance tuning enhancements like:
- Automatic Performance Diagnostic and Tuning Features
- Automatic Shared Memory Management - Automatic Shared Memory Management puts Oracle in control of allocating memory within the SGA
- Wait Model Improvements - A number of views have been updated and added to improve the wait model.
- Automatic Optimizer Statistics Collection - gathers optimizer statistics using a scheduled job called GATHER_STATS_JOB
- Dynamic Sampling - enables the server to improve performance
- CPU Costing - default cost model for the optimizer (CPU+I/O), with the cost unit as time
- Optimizer Hints
- Rule Based Optimizer Obsolescence - No more used
- Tracing Enhancements - End to End Application Tracing which allows a client process to be identified via the client identifier rather than the typical session id
- SAMPLE Clause Enhancements
- Hash Partitioned Global Indexes
Operating system level tuning
System-level tuning involves the following steps: Monitoring the operating system counters using a tool such as top, gtop, and GKrellM or the VTune analyzer’s counter monitor data collector for applications running on Windows.....