What is the difference between socket and pipe?A socket is a part of the OSI model that enables communication between different layers. Pipes are used in processing in the CPU. Communication in socket is bi directional while it’s unidirectional in pipes. Pipes increase productivity By processing multiple processes simultaneously.
What is the difference between socket and pipe?Sockets:
- Socket is a part of OSI layer model. Communication among different layers is performed through sockets. Application layer serves through some sockets to the presentation layer and upper application layer.
- Sockets are used in Secure Socket Layer networks.
- Communication is in bi-directional in sockets.
- Pipes are related to processing in CPU.
- Pipes are the segments for processes in execution. By processing multiple processes simultaneously, the productivity can be improved.
- Communication is uni-directional in pipes.