Briefly describe the phases in the V-Shaped model.Phases in V-Shaped model:
Verification phases are on the left side of the V-shape. It consists of:
- Requirements analysis: Requirements are gathered and analysis is performed to understand the problem and propose a solution.
- System Design: Engineers analyze the requirements gathered and propose ways the system can be created or built from a feasibility point of view.
- Architecture design: Architecture of the system is designed consisting of various modules, depicting their relationships and communication between them.
- Module design: This is a low level design where modules are designed individually and in a detailed manner.
- Coding: This is at the bottom of the V-Shape model. Module design is converted into code by developers.
Validation phases are on the right side of the V-shape. It consists of:
Unit testing: Testing by analysis of the code by developers for their independent modules is done.
Integration testing: Independent modules are tested together to validate interface and expose errors in them.
System testing: The system is tested against the system specifications.
User Acceptance testing: Testing is performed by end users to validate that the requirements mentioned in requirements phase have been met by the system or not before accepting it for production.