Quality Assurance Engineer Resume - Sample 2
- Around X years of diverse experience in the field of information technology with the emphasis on Quality Assurance, A Methodologies, Business Requirements Analysis, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Frontend (UI) Testing, Back End Testing (Database) and Content Management Systems Approach(CMS).
- Extensive Experience in Testing Client/Server and Web Based applications (Web Testing), CC/IVR (CTI), Siebel(CRM). Proficient in White Box(Code and Design Reviews), Black Box Testing (Manual, Automation with HP/Mercury Tools(WinRunner, QTP), Backend(DataBase) testing). Proficient in domains like Finance, Banking (Credit Cards), Insurance, Medicaid, Healthcare and shipping. A motivated self-starter with exceptional Analysis, Problem Solving, Communication and Interpersonal skills. Currently working as Senior QA Engineer.
TECHNICAL SKILLSOperating Systems:
Windows95/98/NT/2000/XP, UNIX, Shell Script, MS word, MS Excel, MS Access (MS.Office).Automated Testing tools:
HP/Mercury (Q.T.P 8.2, WinRunner 8.0, and Load Runner 6.0) Javalin stress Tester, QTP, and JUNIT.Management tools:
Test Director 8.0, QualityCenter 8.0, TeamTrack. StarTeam, RationalClearQuest 7.0, DOORS.Languages&Protocols:
SOAP, TSL Scripts, TCL, Perl, C, C++, Java (OOPS), V.B.Script, XML, WSDL.Web Servers:
Java Web Server 2.0, weblogic, Websphere, IIS/Servlet, ApacheTomcat5.0.Version Controls:
Visual Source Safe, Rational Clear Case 6.0Database:
Oracle7.x/8.0/8i/9i (SQL, PL/SQL), SQL server, SQL Plus AquaDataStudio 4.7/6.0, TOAD.
- Good managerial skills.
- Positive attitude towards work.
- Flexible with working in any environment.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES HANDLED
- Extensive experience in Business Analysis of the Functional Requirements of the application, development of functional specifications, project planning and Scrum Methodology.
- Involved in Code and Design Reviews and did Unit and Integration testing as part of White Box testing. Involved effectively in the Software development life cycle (SDLC) right from the development through Various Testing phases. Involved in the preparation of TRM (Test Responsibility Matrix) which is defined as mapping between Development stages and Test factors as part of Business Analysis (BA).
- Involved in the development of RTM (Requirements Traceability Matrix) for completeness and correctness.
- As Part of Content Management System, got the latest Business Requirement Docs from DOORS from the developers.
- As Part of Content Management System, worked to avoid duplicity of work and improvement for Communication between fellow QA Engineers
- As Part of Content Management System, got the latest Business Requirement Docs from Central Database from the developers.
- Filing of Defects in to Star Team as per the Guidelines followed as part of the Content Management Systems to avoid redundancy and better and speed movement.
- Review Requirements and Use cases in DOORS.
- Experience of Change Management, Incident Management, Problem Management etc.
- Involved in various Testing phases like Test Policy, Test Methodologies, and Test Strategies etc.
- Execute and wrote test documentation for Test Plan, Test Design and Test Strategy, Test Cases.
- Wrote Test Cases based on Boundary value Analysis (BVA), Equivalence Class Partition (ECP).
- Designed, Planned Created and Executed Test Cases and made Test Case Selection Review.
- Regression, Smoke, Sanity Testing.
- Experience in different Testing methodologies like Functional testing, Regression testing, Unit, Integration testing, Exploratory Testing, GUI testing, System Testing, Interface, User Acceptance testing (UAT), Installation, Compatibility and Load testing.
- Excellent Analytical & Problem Solving Skills, Written and verbal communication skills.
- Involved in the Requirements Meetings, Review Meetings continuously with developers and users and modifying the Test Cases accordingly to test the new features developed in the application as per the user requirements as part of User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Analyzing the Low Level Design (LLD’s) and High Level Design (HLD’s) documents as part of UAT.
- Web Testing like Sitemap Testing, Static Text Testing Using Automation Tools as well as manually using I.E, NetScape Navigator.
- After completion of Final Regression cycles, concentrated on User Accepting testing (UAT) to correct feedback in two types of approaches such as Alpha Testing and Beta Testing.
- Involved in the meetings continuously with users and modifying the test cases accordingly to test the new features developed in the application as per the user requirements as part of UAT.
- Involved in the preparation of Documents like Test Plan, Test Strategy, Test Methodology, Test Harness and Bug Reporting.
- Extensively checked tags in the log files and the flow of the FIX (Financial Information Exchange) messages.
- Effectively tested Siebel (CRM) Applications, as part of Call Center Application.
- Experience in centralized database testing from which the data are flown to the CC/IVR (Siebel system CRM), CTI (Computer Telephony Integration).
- Prepared a UI (Frontend), Functional, Final Regression Testing Plan and tested.
- Developed UI (Frontend) test cases as part of Regression Testing including Microsoft 6 rules like Color, Font, Size, Shape etc.
- Developed Scripts in Win runner (TSL), Q.T.P for doing Retesting purposes using Data Driven Testing using excel Sheets.
- Used various concepts like Check Points, Synchronization Point, Batch testing Concepts in Winrunner, Q.T.P.
- Used the concept of Compiled Module in WinRunner and Re-Usable functions in Q.T.P Framework.
- Used TestDirector, Clear Quest, and Quality Center very effectively for reporting the defects and updating the status of Defects and for estimation of the Test status.
- scripts (Procedures, Functions, Views, Aliases) for effective Data validation and Data Integration purposes during Backend Testing DDL, DML, TCL, DQL like SQL concepts.
- Used Join Concepts (Outer join, Equi Join etc.) in SQL for joining and retrieving data from two tables.
KEY PROJECT UNDERTAKEN1. Project:
Nov 20XX to CurrentDesignation:
Sr. QA Engineer and UAT Tester.Description
XXXX – Professional Certification Testing Organization system – is a suite of applications that enable XXXX to develop, administers and delivers certification exams on behalf of the securities industry. In addition to serving the securities industry, FINRA also facilitates certification testing for several non-securities industry organizations. Through the use of PROCTOR, XXXX is able to provide full administration of exams including authoring/content management, enrollment control, appointment scheduling, exam distribution and delivery, result processing, and reporting.
The Authoring application, within XXXX provides users the ability to manage exam content, also known as a Program. In addition, it provides users the ability to view the statistics collected from administering exams and use the data to evaluate and revise each exam. The Authoring application uses a number of panels and graphic icons, buttons, and options to allow users to easily navigate within the various aspects of a Program.Various Components of Proctor Application:
1)Proctor 2)Authoring 3)Program 4)Outline 5)Items 6)Specifications 7)Presentation Items and Surveys 8)Preparing an Import File 9)Reports 10)Item Statistics 11)PROCTOR Verification ChecksEnvironment:
Manual Testing, HP/Mercury Q.T.P 8.2,WinRunner 8.0, LoadRunner 8.0, Scrum Methodology, C++, VbScript, VB 6.0, Crystal Reports 6.0, DOORS 8.0, SQL, TOAD, Solaris UNIX, AquaDataStudio 4.7/6.0, Oracle 9i/10g, Java, J2EE, Ajax, WebServices, VB, BEA Weblogic 7.x/8.1.6, Web Services, XML, WSDL(Webservices Development Language), SOAP Eclipse SDK 3.3, IE 6.0, Firefox 2.0, StarTeam 2005, QualityCenter 9.2, BPT. Ms-Office, Ms-Project, Scrum&Agile.2. Project:
Apr 20XX to Oct 20XXDesignation:
Sr. QA Engineer & UAT Tester.Description:
The XXXX project is a State of Washington ProviderOne Project. It deals with Medicaid Management, Claims processing and Insurance services provided by Washington State to the people. There are providers who submit the bills to state for costs incurred for a client and get paid by the state. CAMS are the centralized database from which the data are flown to the CC/IVR (Siebel system CRM) depending on the query fired to ECAMS through a Web Service Requests. The CC/IVR is the Call Center application used by the Customer Service Representative when a caller calls through the IVR (Interactive Voice Response) to get the details of a claim viewed and thus to notify the caller about the status of claims. Managed day to day call center environment consisting of 1000 registered clients. Responsible for all modifications to existing voice or data communications conversion from hardware dialer system. Worked with an IVR platform to reconfigure the voice response system to improve customer satisfaction. The project contains different modules like
1)Clients 2)Providers 3)Claims Inquiry 4)Alerts 5)Service Requests 6)Status 7)Provider One(ECAMS)Environment:
- Stayed under budget for many quarters.
EMPLOYERS1. Company Name:
XXXX IT solution and services Pvt.Ltd.Duration:
Since OCT 20XXDesignation:
Sr.QA Engineer & UAT Tester2. Company Name:
From June 20XX to September 20XXDesignation:
QA Engineer & UAT Tester
- B.Tech(Computer Science Engineering) from University 1 with aggregate of 76% in 20XX.
PERSONAL DETAILSDate of Birth:
11th January 19XXLanguages Known:
English, Hindi, Tamil & MalayalamPermanent Address: