Explain Plan freezing in SQL Server 2008.- Plan freezing is a concept that allows the DBAs to persist plan guides.
- These guides could be reverted to when the queries either fail or drain the resources after the upgrade.
- The stability to queries is achieved by Plan Freezing.
- Several monitoring features for checking when the query is succeeded or failed are included with Plan Freezing.
- It builds on plan guides and it is intended to lock-down plans for all repeated queries against a database.
- Plan freezing allows an administrator to pick a time when the system is running well.