Difference between Windows Forms and Web Forms DataGrid control
What is the difference between Windows Forms and Web Forms DataGrid control?
- Web Forms have the collection of pages that perform the round trip for the processing on the server. Whereas, Windows Forms doesn’t perform that well on the processing front.
- Web Forms DataGrid control uses less built-in functionality, whereas, Windows Forms uses more built-in functionality.
- Web Forms DataGrid control doesn’t support detailed master data structure, whereas, Windows Forms supports the data structure.
- Web Forms DataGrid control supports the two way binding and the automation is being done for the data, whereas, Windows Forms doesn’t provide two way binding and manual code need to be written.
- Web Forms allow users to edit only one row at a time and doesn’t have support for sorting and no event handles, whereas, Windows Forms provide all that.