What are WAIT states in microprocessors? - 8085
What are WAIT states in microprocessors, Explain.
- The WAIT state plays a significant role in preventing CPU speed incompatibilities.
- Many a times the processor is at a ready state to accept data from a device or location, but there might be no input available. This can lead to wastage of cpu time.
- So in such cases when the cpu is ready for an input but there is no such valid data then the system gets into WAIT state. In this scenario the pin 35 ( ready pin )is put into a low state.
- As soon as there is some valid data for the 8085 the system comes off the WAIT state and the low state of the READY pin is withdrawn.
- RE: What are WAIT states in microprocessors? - 8085 -Mosa Rao (03/15/15)
- Excellent and simple explanation. Most people explain in difficult way beyond the scope of beginners.
Thank u for simple explanation