What is the main function of cookie server? - CGI programming
What is the main function of cookie server?
- CGI program is generally a cookie client that connects it with the server. After the connection the server enters in a loop and accepts the command.
- CGI script is associated with the DATA array and it is used to hold the information by using the max_cookies variable and it sets the limit for the number of cookies that can be activated at a time.
- CGI server provides the socket that provides the functionality of listening and sending the respond to the described port.
- The statement is written like this:
&listen_to_port (SOCKET, $port) || die "Cannot create socket.", "\n";
- Listen_to_port function describes the socket library as it listens on a specified port for all the active connections.
( ($port) = &listen_to_port (SOCKET) ) || die "Cannot create socket.", "\n";
print "The Cookie Server is running on port number: $port", "\n";