What are the different ways to run CGI? - CGI Programming
What are the different ways to run CGI?
There are two ways in which CGI scripts can run on the server:
- The normal way or the default way to run is as the webserver user that falls under the category of nobody.
- This is a safe way to run the CGI script as the programs and data are protected by the operating system.
- It also saves the scripts from unauthorized access that can come later due to bugs in the CGI program scripts.
- Another way to run is to setup a uid using setuid under their user id using userid.
- Files that are written by the CGI can be made secure and protected by using the setup and the programs and the data on the server can be made to secure the programs and data.