What are the different instances used in CGI overhead? - CGI Programming
What are the different instances used in CGI overhead?
- CGI overhead is the combination of HTTP protocol and it is a stateless protocol. CGI has to be initialized every time it is accessed through the browser.
- Server is using the fork() to create a new process and then there is a little overhead involved in it to keep on adding the overheads when the processes grows.
- CGI program needs to be initialized before its use. It might involve an overhead in executing some script.
- CGI is much more involved with the backend that includes the database that takes more time to initialize thus the overhead should not be sustained in these cases.
- CGI uses scripts that are inefficient to take the resources and the program that uses system() or back tick gets more overhead then not using it.