What are the functionalities performed by Frequency statements? - FORTRAN
What are the functionalities performed by Frequency statements?
- Frequency statements are used to optimize the If/else statements and they are different from the compare statements.
- Frequency statements provide the result for the branch probabilities used for three branch cases of the Arithmetic statements.
- These are the statements used to generate the code at the compile time and treated as a comment in the compiler that doesn’t support it.
- These are the statements that allow the If type statement to use the goto function and help in generating the random numbers.
- Frequency statements generate the frequency of the functions and check the performance of it to match other criteria.