What do you understand by POST explain? - Motherboard
What do you understand by POST explain?
POST or the power on self test is a routine that is executed immediately once the system is powered on. It is only after POST that a system allows the bootstrap loader to be initialized. The POST is performed to ensure that the system peripherals are connected and functioning and there are no compatibility issues. The primary checks that are performed are:
- The CPU registers are verified.
- The BIOS code integrity is checked.
- The basic components such as the DMA, timer etc are checked.
- The system memory is verified and checked.
- All the system buses are discovered, cataloged and executed, activated.
- BIOS is initialized after it.
- Ready the environment that is required by the OS to function.