How can a virus be detected in a system? - Motherboard
How can a virus be detected in a system?
The following steps are involved in finding a virus in a system:
- The first most important step is to power down a system so that the virus does not penetrate further.
- The next step would be to find out is the problem in the computer is actually virus related and not hardware or software related.
- Now the user has to boot from a bootable floppy or disk.
- In case of certain operating systems the user can also boot into the safe mode.
- Once booted into the new environment the user has to find out the infected files using an application and remove or quarantine them.
- Once these infected files are removed the user can boot from their hard disk itself.