What is the function of STR and LPSTR? - Windows Programming
What is the function of STR and LPSTR?
- STR is a data type that has the storage allocation in place and it consists of the strings that are treated as an array.
- They use simple character pointer to point to the objects.
- The variable that is used with the data type is “sz” as it is a zero-terminated string i.e. a string that ends with a NULL character.
- LPSTR is also known as Long Pointer to STR (string) and it is given as:
#define STR * LPSTR;
- This can be used to point to the string objects and it can also explicitly define the ASCII code rather than Unicode.
- The variables are prefixed with “lpsz” and it consists of the long pointer to the string having zero-terminated.