Write a program to define the data types such as LONG, INT, SHORT, CHAR? - Windows Programming
Write a program to define the data types such as LONG, INT, SHORT, CHAR?
- The data type like LONG, INT, SHORT, CHAR doesn’t define the specific length and it can be determined by the host machine.
- It determines the bits that are used with each of the types and the notation used for the above mentioned types.
- The LONG is being referred by the prefix l that is the lower-case of L.
- INT is a variable that can be prefixed with i or ui that indicates the integer and unsigned integers.
- CHAR is prefixed with c or uc that also mean character and unsigned character respectively.
- The size of the data types are platform independent and the size of the variable also doesn’t matter.
- It is defined as:
typedef long LONG;
typedef unsigned long ULONG;
typedef int INT;
typedef unsigned int UINT;
typedef short SHORT;
typedef unsigned short USHORT;
typedef char CHAR;
typedef unsigned char UCHAR;