What is the main function of context switching? - Windows Programming
What is the main function of context switching?
- The context switching is very essential as it allows the switching to take place from one program to another program.
- This doesn’t affect the currently running program and the operating system switch the program if the resources are free.
- Operating system kernel performs the context switching to save the state of the currently running program like registers.
- It checks the next running state of the program and helps in restoring the state of the program.
- Context switching allows another program to switch if some other program is using the resources for a very long time and there is a requirement to switch.