What are the functions of Interrupts and system calls? - Windows Programming
What are the functions of Interrupts and system calls?
- Interrupts allow the CPU to switch back to the kernel mode, as this can’t be done automatically.
- The CUP is having many interrupts that allow certain events like timers, keyboard, and output devices to interrupt the CPU.
- An interrupt handler is being setup to handle the events in the form of interrupts that are taking place.
- During the interrupt the CPU stops the working of the currently running program and it switches to the kernel mode.
- The interrupt handler is being executed to manage the events that are occurring in the system.