What are the functions of Kernel Mode, interrupts and system calls? - Windows Programming
What are the functions of Kernel Mode, interrupts and system calls?
- The moment the operating system loads kernel gets activated and it starts running up the services and processes on the system.
- Kernel that is up and running sets up the kernel mode and handles the paging and virtual memory of the system.
- It helps in creating the processes that allows the kernel to let them run in the user mode.
- Kernel mode doesn’t allow unauthenticated services or processes to enter the system without any permission.
- Kernel mode doesn’t allow the scripts or network to access the computer or any other file without permissions.