What is the main use of Virtual memory? - Windows Programming
What is the main use of Virtual memory?
- Virtual memory is used when there is a requirement for the program to increase its memory size.
- The program looks this memory as a contiguous address, but virtual memory is the part of the RAM itself and it helps in saving the inactive parts in the disk file.
- Program uses its own memory space for its processing and it consists of own virtual space and the resources.
- Virtual memory allows creating a virtual environment in which it displays something and it seems to have something else like if the address looks 0x12345678, it might look in physical memory at this address 0x65f7a678.
- Virtual memory consists of pages that are provided by dividing the memory. The pages consist of its own set of attributes like read/write, etc.