What are the different layers consist of in Windows Architecture? - Windows programming
What are the different layers consist of in Windows Architecture?
- The bottom layer consists of DLL files that are important in playing big part in the architecture.
- The layers below this consist of NTDLL.dll and WIN32K.sys files that consist of number of user-mode functions.
- The user-mode functions consist of stubs that are used to call other functions and the run time library (RTL).
- The 2nd layer consists of the libraries that is having the Win32 API and contains the user-defined functions and some part of the components.
- This layer also consists of .DLLs but in the form of components and Win32 APIs.