What do you mean by Parallel Processing? - CPU
What do you mean by Parallel Processing?
It is a type of processing in which the CPU divides the problem into two parts. It works as-
- Each part is sent to separate processors.
- Each processor has its own memory. They individually solve the given problems and return the result.
- The CPU assembles the results and hence, the problem is solved.
Some computers operate in terms of teraflops or trillions of floating-point instructions per second.
- RE: What are the types of secondary storage devices-CPU -charles nyambare (11/20/14)
- Magnetic storage devices-stores bits of data as magnetic spots,usually portable.
Examples are the floppy disk,hard disk,hard drives etc.
Optical storage devices-stores bits as bytes and lands on a surface of disk can be dedicated by a lesser bin.
Examples are the visual compact disk(VCD),digital versatile disk(DVD).