What is meant by progressive transmission? Define lossless channel. - Compression Standard
What is meant by progressive transmission? Define lossless channel.
- A low resolution of an image is sent first.
- IT needs only few bits for the purpose of encoding.
- The image is then updated to the required fidelity.
- This is done by transmitting more information.
- The lossless channel is described by a channel matrix.
- It is described with only one non-zero element in each column.
- During transmission, no source information is lost.