What is a composite source model? What are prefix codes? - Compression Standard
What is a composite source model?
- It is not simple to use a single model to describe the source in many applications.
- In these scenarios, a composite source model is used.
- Composite Source Model uses only one source.
- Only single source is activated at a given point of time.
What are prefix codes?
- A prefix code is a code which does not require code word as a prefix to another code word.
- Huffman code is an example for Prefix Code.