What is meant by companded quantization? - Compression Standard
What is meant by companded quantization?
- Companded Quantization maps the input through compressor function.
- This function expands the probability to the high level regions.
- These regions are close to the origin.
- These regions are compresses the corresponding lower probability regions that are away from the origin.
- The output of Companded Quantization is resulted by using uniform quantizer.
- An expander function is used to transform the quantized value.